The cool crisp fall breeze meets the warmth of the summer sun with this scrumptious recipe using fresh crisp apples and pineapple white balsamic! We know what you're thinking. Why do these two ingredients go hand in hand? Well, because when they get together it just makes sense! Enjoy some delicious fall flavors with a side of summer. Everyone will agree that fall has never tasted better than this!
- 3 Bone in Pork Chops
- 2 Thinly Sliced Apples
- Coarse Salt Seasonello Sea Salt
- Pepper Squizito Pennsylvania Pepper
- 3 TBSP Squizito Butter Infused Olive Oil + a little more
- 1 Medium White Onion sliced thinly
- 1 Cup White Wine, Beer, Cider or Chicken Broth
- 3 TBSP Squizito Pineapple Balsamic
- Season both sides of pork chops and heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Coat the skillet with Butter olive oil and lay pork chops in the skillet. Sear on both sides for about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove chops from skillet and add 2-3 TBSP Butter Olive oil to pan, then add the apples and onions to skillet.
- Cook down for about 8 minutes, until the onions begin to caramelize.
- Deglaze the pan by stirring in the wine or other liquid. Make room in the pan and return the chops to the pan.
- Cook until the pork is tender, about 10 minutes, depending on the size, turning halfway through. Turn heat to low and cook 2 more minutes, giving the pan time to cool a bit.
- Turn heat to low and cook 2 more minutes, giving the pan time to cool a bit.
- Add the pineapple balsamic to the pan and stir while watching closely.
- Simmer until the balsamic reduces to the desired consistency, being careful not to cook too long.
- Remove from the pan immediately and serve.
- Serve and enjoy!
CAUTION: Overcooking balsamic will cause the reduction to become caramel-like.