Hey, Y'all, I'm always a little intimidated by recipes that involve making things from scratch, like pasta. But this recipe was surprisingly easy to follow, and the result was so delicious! If you're looking for an impressive but not too tricky dish to make, I recommend giving this one a try. You won't be disappointed.
Pasta Dough Ingredients:
- 2 Cups All Purpose or 00 Pizza Flour
- 3 Eggs (Flax or plain water, vegan option)
- A splash of water
- 1 TBSP Squizito Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Make a mountain with flour and then make a pond in the middle with your eggs.
- Mix ingredients together with your hands until your dough becomes balloon like in texture.
- Roll into a ball and flatten a bit. Sprinkle with flour so that dough ball does not stick to counter and set aside for 30-60 minutes.
- Cut into 4 even pieces and roll out into long rectangles.
- Cut with pizza cutter into ¼” strips or use KitchenAid mixer attachments to cut pasta.
- Sprinkle with flour with gentle making into pasta nests.
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Add 1 TBSP water to pot and then add pasta to pot.
- Pasta will float when done, about 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to sauce, mix and serve hot.